Dear friends and strangers,
Here is my current setup:
-a 2009 Salsa Fargo, XL
-I replaced the stock saddle with a Brooks B-17.
-Schwalbe Marathon XR tires - 700x50C (almost 2 pounds each!). I am carrying a spare and leaving a spare with a friend to ship to me if needed.
-a Tubus Tara front rack and a Tubus Cargo rear rack
-a big-ass Jandd saddle bag
-a Cateye Micro Wireless bicycle computer
-crappy front and rear lights
-a Kryptonite U-lock and a long cable lock
-6 water bottles. I might bring more.
I'm also carrying various bicycle tools and spare parts, hopefully enough to get by. Things like:
-extra spokes
-extra break pads
-extra break and derailler (derailleur) cables
-a hex wrench/screwdriver multi-tool
-a Leatherman
-spare tubes
-a tube patch kit
-tire irons
-a chain tool
-a spare Sram Powerlink
-a chain wear indicator
-a spoke wrench
-duct tape
-chain lube
-bike grease
-electrical tape
-zip ties
-spare bolts and washers
I'll also be carrying maps, a tent, a sleeping bag, a stove, food, fuel, medicine, etc. I'm sure there's more stuff I have that I'm forgetting at the moment. I also appreciate advice on what else I should bring with me.
Love you all!
-thespicycamel
I'm envious of your grand adventure, Chris! Be sure to post a picture of the Spicy Camel when it's fully loaded. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteWe're looking forward to following along.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like your totally set up!
Luke @ Calhoun Cycle
Hey!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you can post pictures and tell us all about it.
I'll be waiting for you here in Argentina!
All the best!
Sandra
Hey Chris, when are you leaving? I would love to ride out of town with you.
ReplyDeletePic of your bike..please? Doesn't seem like your missing anything except a taser for those that creep on you. Can't wait to hear more about this and am anxiously anticipating your next post.
ReplyDeleteChris - it was good to meet you your way back into town in Dayton MN. I am next sending the pics I took so you can upstart your photo-blog. the bike is perfect and you seem to be doing GREAT!!!! Keep up the strong miles and enjoy S.America...i am envious for sure!!!! - Andy
ReplyDeleteGood luck Barnes! We love you and can't wait to here of your many adventures. Dance for us in Argentina.
ReplyDelete